Thursday, October 17, 2013

Keeping It Real

So I've had a few thoughts on my mind that I've wanted to talk about.
 First up, was why I blog. This blog has been on my heart for long over 4 years, but out of fear and timing I've waited until now. I started this blog to share my ideas, in hopes to inspire others to DIY. This blog is a HUGE step for me, as I really don't like putting myself out there.  If you read my first blog post, you would notice that I wrote it well over a year ago. Last year I had thought that I would have the time to blog, but with my boy's having two different school pick up times, the timing wasn't right and my family comes first. Also, fear was/is a huge factor in starting this blog. I had a huge case of the "what ifs"..What if people don't like it, what if people think I'm bragging, what if I get overwhelmed, what if I run out of ideas, what if... what if.  I feel that God has put this blog on my heart to inspire other moms/women in making your home, YOUR HOME. I decorate and DIY because I enjoy it. Others may not enjoy it and that's ok. I think that EVERYONE is creative and some need help in finding their creative side. That's what I'm hoping to do. This blogs intent was/is to inspire, not to ever make anyone think that I've got it all together because I don't. As a wife/mom/woman I have my own short comings and am far from perfect. In showing you pictures of rooms in my house I will "style it up" and make it "picture perfect" but my house DOES NOT always look like that. I have the same struggles in keeping up with a tidy house as every other mom. 

Last week I showed you this pretty picture of my office.


This is what my office really looks like:

Yes, there is a treadmill, keyboard and a plant needing a pot in the middle of my office.


 If your thinking "How does she...?"  She doesn't! Over the years I have always taken pictures of projects that I've done, always knowing that one day I would have the time to blog. So, with that being said, a lot of the projects that I share or will share are "old" projects. I don't want anyone to think that I'm busting these projects out left and right. Some of these projects can be well over 4 years old.

Just needed to make sure you all knew that although I'm showing you these pretty pictures, it doesn't mean that's what my house always looks like!


xoxo,


No comments:

Post a Comment