Monday, August 26, 2013

Mustache and Bow Tie Themed Baby Shower



A few months ago we (my mother in law and my sister in law's mom) threw my sister in law Katie a baby shower. I was in charge of coming up with the theme. Since Katie was having a boy, I knew I wanted to go along with the "Mustache" trend!


The shower was held at Katie's house, which is a beautiful old Victorian home. I brought over my chalkboard and hung it next to the door on the porch. 

I made the dot garland using grey and turquoise scrapbook paper, a circle punch and hot glued it to twine.  As my littlest man would say..easy peasy lemon squeezy! 
We served salad and baked potatoes with all the toppings. The labels were made by Designer Blogs.


We ordered cupcakes and just added the cupcake toppers. These were also "punched" using the 2inch circle punch from Michael's and then glued to a toothpick. 


A few years ago my father in law cut tree stump pieces (cookies) for me and I used them for Thanksgiving as chargers on our table setting. I since have used them for several different occasions, including this shower and am very glad I hung on to them! I have since seen faux wood chargers at World Market for $20 a piece! This time I placed them on top of a few different sized cake plates and then added the cupcakes.






The small mustache's on the straws were ordered from this etsy shop and then glued to the straws.


After seeing this image on Pinterest I knew these would be the guest favors


Here's ours,  grease spots and all!  Got to love Pinterest!


Katie loved how the "Mustache Bash" turned out! She ended up saving some of the decorations to possibly use at Madden's first birthday! What a great idea!


Apparently I think mustache's grow under your lip, rather than above! 

3 comments:

  1. Srcavalier is a Best Bow Tie Websites, it has a huge collection of bow ties in different colors such as black, white and more are what can make you look more dashing as you already are in any event. Wear a leather bow tie in a formal or casual function and become the star among the crowd. Buy bow ties today!

    ReplyDelete