Tuesday, October 8, 2013

Home Tour {Office}

Have you noticed on my Home page that I have a tab that reads "Home Tour"? Have you noticed that the page is still empty? Yeah, me too. I'm working on it.
 In my crazy head I was wanting everything to be picture perfect before I post pictures of our home...but then I quickly felt overwhelmed  realized that is not realistic. The "Home Tour" tab would remain blank for a really long time if I'm waiting on perfection!  There is a lot more tweaking I'd like to do to our home over time, but I'm going to show you what it currently looks like, one room at a time because I can only keep one room clean at a time  and keep you posted about changes along the way.


Welcome to our office!

Enjoy!


Living in a house full of men, any chance I get to have a "girly space" I take complete advantage of it. We do all use/share the office, but I've claimed it as mine! Thankfully none of my men have complained so far about the decor.  I mean, the desk is blue..that counts as boyish, right?



Here's a before picture of the desk


The desk is a $10 craigslist find that my husband painted in Benjamin Moore's Admiral Blue. The acrylic ghost chair is from here.  The gold frame was a garage sale find from a couple years ago. Inside the frame is a foam poster board covered in vintage sheet music that my SIL and I made for a marriage conference at our church last year.  I liked the saying that we painted on it, so I kept it in the frame. 




I stenciled the wall with this Trellis Wall Stencil. The lamp was a thrift store find and repainted in Rustoleum's Pistachio spray paint





Inside the desk, I lined the drawers with scrapbook paper and mod podge.







The Expedit shelving unit is from Ikea.


The zebra printed rug...Oh, the zebra rug.
 It is the one DIY project that almost made me throw a fit in the towel. It was many long hours of me sitting on our hard tile floor, hunched over painting. What a girl does for a zebra printed rug!

The gold zebra print rug was made using this tutorial



Remember this post about the jars I made for my son? I made me some too!






You know the old saying "Don't judge a book by its cover"...well that doesn't apply when styling a bookcase!  I totally judge thrift store books by their cover! I'm always looking for books that match a color scheme, add a "pop" of color...or in this case one that has a title that I find humorous! (Diary of a Mad Housewife)


The bowl and basket are from Marshall's. The gold and blue picture frame is from HomeGoods. The other small frames and yellow phone were thrifted.



The black magazine holders, gold paper tray, and the white boxes are all from Ikea. I'll share more on them later in the week.









Hope you enjoyed seeing our office!

xo,









No comments:

Post a Comment