Tuesday, October 22, 2013

Halloween Party


Last year we had a Halloween party at our house for the cousins.  I must say that it turned out to be one of the funnest parties we've had so far. We all had a blast! Although the dads and Grandpas wimped out didn't dress up, the mommas and Grandmas did and it added to the fun! There are 9 cousins total including my two. 

I wanted it to be fun for the kids, not scary so I kept to a black and white theme of spiders and bats.




The spider plates were made by gluing googly eyes and card stock paper legs to them. The black candlesticks were all thrifted and spray painted black.  Since we were serving green punch I wanted lids on the mason jars. My husband drilled a hole through the top of the lids for the straws.




The "web" ball was made with yarn. There are a lot of tutorials on how to do this on Pinterest, but basically you blow up a balloon, cover it in vaseline, heavily dip your yarn in glue, hang it to dry, pop and remove the balloon. 

The spider deviled eggs were a hit!



After seeing these cute cupcakes on Pinterest I had to give them a try.

Umm, yeah they didn't turn out so cute. Pinterest Fail!  Not sure how they were able to split an oreo so perfectly?? At least they tasted yummy! 


Cousins (2 are missing and 1 was still in the oven)





     Wonder Woman costume:
 I watched several different you tube videos on how to make a tutu. It turned out to be easy, just time consuming.
 I found felt star stickers at Michaels and added them to the tutu. I used a wonder woman iron on that I purchased from ebay and ironed it to the red tank top. The crown, cuffs, and belt were all made using gold glittered card stock paper from Michaels. I cut the red stars out of red card stock and glued them on to the crown,  wrist cuffs and belt. The wrist cuffs are fastened with velcro. I glued ribbon to the crown and belt to tie them on.



xoxo,
                                                       

No comments:

Post a Comment