Tuesday, September 10, 2013

PINTEREST: Pinned it for real!




Sometimes I "Pin" things on Pinterest knowing darn well that I may never tackle the project. Other days I "Pin" something and think to myself why didn't I think of that and want to get started on it right away. 
Today's project was like that and I hope it will inspire you to make something you've pinned on Pinterest!




One of my little men, who will remain anonymous is a hoarder junk collector. I'm not sure where he gets it from?? I try to keep the above quote in mind, but I have to admit, sometimes I have a hard time seeing the beauty in his random collections. Over time I have learned to respect his collecting habits. He finds beauty in everything and I love that about him. I just don't have the space to keep it all...you know with my hoarding thrifting habits and all.  So, we've pinky promised each other (no joke) that as long as he puts his stuff where it belongs and doesn't HIDE his treasure/collection (that's a story for another day), then he gets to keep it.  I've given him jars/containers and designated spots to keep his things. It's been working for both of us so far. He's happy and Momma's happy! 

When I saw this on Pinterest..I knew the perfect little guy to make these for!


                                                                   


Here's what you'll need: 


Remove all labels and wash the jars. You can also use mason jars, but luckily for me my kids LOVE pickles and had no problem finishing off the jar per my request. 

We already had the plastic animals, but Michael's carries them if you don't have any. 

Add some glue to the bottom of the animals feet and press down for a couple minutes. Don't add too much glue because it does spread and thicken fast. 


We let the glue dry overnight before spray painting them. 

Here's how they turned out:







This was an easy and inexpensive way to display a collection. Even if you don't have kids, these are great to store rocks, shells or other meaningful things.





 Here are some others that caught my eye on Pinterest:




                                                                                                     via






                                                                                via


via
Hope this inspires you to take a moment and "Pin It" for real!

Have a great day!

xoxo

                                                     

No comments:

Post a Comment