Friday, September 6, 2013

Back to School Organization

This Summer my goal was to really try and organize our house. Well, somehow the Summer flew by and I only got to cross off a couple things off my never ending list. One thing that was at the top of my list was to have a spot for the boys to put their homework folders and all the crap paperwork that they bring home from school. You know that big pile of papers on your countertop that piles up. What?!? You don't have one? Well I'm trying to keep ours organized. When I see a lot of paperwork on the counters, it STRESSES me out! It makes me feel like I'm behind on stuff needing my attention! Even though half of the clutter is just coupons or mailers that I haven't had a chance to go through! I don't know...maybe it comes from my office working days?? Here's what I came up with to try and help our weekdays run smoother and keep our paperwork organized.






 Each of the boy's has their own file for their Wednesday folder. Yay! No more searching through the pile of paper looking for it! I found the files, rail and hanging caddy all at Ikea. The metal bookplates on the files are from Martha Stewarts Avery line at Staples.




 I had made the chalkboard a few years ago from a picture frame I bought at a garage sale. My dad cut a piece of sheet metal for me (since I wanted the chalkboard to be magnetic) the size of the frame and I painted it with chalkboard paint. We also cut a piece of foam board the same size and placed it behind the sheet metal to prevent it from moving when you write on it. 

So far, this has really helped me in keeping the paper clutter in the kitchen off the counters.

Here's a sneak peek at what else is helping us stay organized.

   





                                                                                                     xoxo        


















No comments:

Post a Comment