Wednesday, November 20, 2013

gift giving and wrapping


I can hardly believe that Christmas is next month!?!? Usually by this time I already have most of my shopping done. Not this year. We're trying something different with our boys this year. Have you heard of this:
via

We'll see how it goes?? I'm going to really try and stick to it this year. Between Grandparents, Aunts and Uncles, they end up receiving way too many gifts and it's just too much. That's not what Christmas is about anyway, right!? So, the four gift rule is really making me put a lot of thought into our gifts for our boys. Do you follow any gift giving rules for Christmas?

Speaking of gifts...last year kraft paper and washi tape were on trend for Christmas gift wrapping and I have to admit it's a trend that I fell for and LOVE! 


Instead of using gift tags, I must have had some extra time on my hands made personalized ornaments for the gift recipient using a photo I took of them from the year. 


These were a hit, especially for the parents. They were very happy to have a picture ornament of their child.


I also made them for the Grandparents using a picture of them with the grandkids.



I made some for our tree, too.





Photo Gift Tag/Ornament

Here's what you'll need to make them:

Wood cutout pieces (Michaels)
old book
twine
drill
photos
scissors
I bought the wood cutout pieces at Michaels, but these are similar. I had the pictures printed in black and white. 
I then traced the shape of the wood piece onto a book page, cut it out and then mod podged the book page to the wood piece.
 Then mod podged the photo (cut a little smaller than the book page) to the book page. I brushed on the mod podge to the front, back and sides of the wood piece. You'll want to do several coats of mod podge (drying in between)

 Once it was completely dry, my husband drilled a hole through the top. 


How about making one using your families Christmas card photo and making one every year? Or using a picture of your tree on Christmas morning??

 I don't know about you, but I'm looking forward to Thanksgiving break to catch up on some Christmas shopping and crafting!

xoxo,
 

No comments:

Post a Comment