Monday, November 11, 2013

Thrifted bed tray


Happy Veterans' Day!


Last week when I shared some of the pieces in our living room that were DIY'd I forgot to tell you about the bed tray. I found this at the thrift store for $2.00!  
Before

I was excited when I found this bed tray because it reminded of this one that I had seen from West Elm for $59.


I removed the legs and plugged the holes that were left behind with wood filler. Once the wood filler dried, I sanded the tray with my sander using 120 grit sand paper and then again lightly with 220 grit sand paper. After wiping it down, I stained it with a mixture of two stains (Minwax Espresso and Colonial Maple) that I already had on hand. Once that dried I covered it with a thin coat of Polyurethane.





After
Not bad for $2.00 and a little bit of elbow grease!


(The bacon and egg stuffed avocado recipe can be found here)


Enjoy your day!



                  xo,


                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment